Our True Detroit Camp offers top-notch coaching and limited attendance to create the individualized experience that young players thrive in. Coaches will help players work on the fundamentals, building upon those skills with professional guidance and advice.
We are also excited to have former Syracuse legend Jovan Miller attending this camp. Jovan was a standout midfielder for the Orange from 2008-2011. He will bring his vast knowledge of the game to all of our campers! On top of his impressive collegiate career, Jovan has seen action in professional lacrosse for 5 seasons.
Fundamentals and lots of them!
Time and room shooting, & shooting on the run
Proper dodging technique
Checks and when to throw them!
Increasing lacrosse IQ!
The Registration "True Detroit Summer Camp" is not currently available.
Date: July 23 & 24, 2019
Grades: 5th-11th graders
9 am - 4 pm
Location: Birmingham Groves High School
Day 1: Jimmy Johns
Day 2: Pizza (Pepperoni and Cheese will be available)
**Please contact JD Hess with any food allergies or other important information, thank you!**
- True Detroit Director
- Current Graduate Assistant at Detroit Mercy
- 4 year player at Detroit Mercy
- Appeared on over 40 games as an LSM and O-middie
- 4 year letterwinner, Syracuse University
- 2x USILA All-American & 2x All Big-East midfielder
- 2008 & 2009 NCAA Division 1 National Champion
- 5 year MLL veteran
- Recently selected to Chrome LC of the newly created PLL
- True MI State Team Director
- SUNY Poly Male Athlete of the Year, 2016
- 2x All NEAC Selection
- SUNY Poly Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach, 2016-2018